Thursday, January 12, 2012

Revlon Facets of Fuchsia


I have wanted this polish for quite a while now, but I have never been able to find it. Lucky for me, there were 2 bottles at my local Target. I snagged one up quick. Facets of Fuchsia is said to be a duplicate to the Lady Gaga Bad Romance color by Deborah Lippman. It is a dark purple jelly base filled with small and large hexagon-shaped glitter specks.

The formula is excellent. It went on quickly and smoothly. To achieve the above opacity, I only needed 2 coats.  This polish also seems to wear very, very well. I have had it on for 4 days now and there are no chips in sight whatsoever. I am in love.

I will definitely pick up more Revlon colors in the future since my first impression is so good. I have a few of their new ColorStay polishes to try, although I have not picked up the matching base and top coats.

Remover used: Acetone/glycerin mix.
Nail prep: Rubbing alcohol.
Base coat: China Glaze Strong Adhesion.
Color: Two coats of Revlon Facets of Fuchsia.
Top coat: Seche Vite.
Wear report: Initially beyond amazing. I am on day #4 with no chipping at all and very minimal edge wear, and this is after being somewhat abusive to my nails this week; doing dishes without gloves, etc. Update: Incredible wear! It lasted a week with just edge wear and no chipping at all. Impressive!
Removal report: A little tough to remove. I used my acetone/glycerin mix and ended up having to soak each nail a bit. I suppose that is to be expected, given the good wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment