Friday, December 30, 2011

N.Y.C. Starry Silver



My last manicure fell right off my nails, due to my accidentally using a top coat as a base coat. I needed a new manicure for the New Year, and I needed it quick. I grabbed N.Y.C. Starry Silver, thinking it looked like a party in a bottle. It is a clear jelly base with smaller silver and holographic glitter along with pink and blue hex glitter bits.

Application was a breeze. The brush was small, but the formula was thin and spread easily. Drying between coats was good, so layering up was not a problem. This color would be great over a base color. On its own, it requires several coats. I have four coats on here, and I still have visible nail lines, but the overall effect is nice for this time of year; a bit icy, and a bit festive.

This one should be around a little longer now that I have a proper base coat on.

Remover used: Acetone/glycerin mix.
Nail prep: Rubbing alcohol.
Base coat: China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat.
Color: Four coats of N.Y.C Starry Silver.
Top coat: Seche Vite.
Wear report: Pretty average wear. Had some chipping a few days in. I ended up removing this after a large chip came off around day #4.
Removal report: Not too terrible to remove, but it was a glitter. It required a little patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment