Saturday, December 3, 2011

Nicole By OPI Disco Dolls


This polish jumped out at me when I came across a Kardashian Kolors display in a local Wal-Mart. Feeling festive and in the mood of the season, I opted to try it out this week. It is a high-packed gold glitter with a few hints of pink and green (or is it mauve and teal?). There is fine glitter, and there are larger glitter pieces. Gold is not my best color, but it was so pretty I just had to have it. This is my first trial of Nicole by OPI.

I was very impressed with the brush. It seems to me that it is the same exact brush that is in all the other OPI polishes I have tried. Application was superior. It only took 2 coats for complete coverage, and for a glitter polish, that is outstanding. The polish dries very fast.

I apologize that the above photo is not very clear. I will say that my first impression of Nicole by OPI polish is very, very good. I will definitely pick up more polish from this line. 

Remover used: Glycerin/acetone mix.
Nail prep: Rubbing alcohol.
Base coat: CND Stickey.
Color: Two coats of Nicole by OPI Disco Dolls.
Top coat: Seche Vite.
Wear report: TBA. UPDATE: By day #2, I had edge wear and a slight chip. In the polish's defense, I did have my hands in water the next day. However, the chipping and edge wear continued to worsen on days #3 and #4. On day #5, a large chunk came off my thumb, and I had to remove it. Wear was not very good on my first try.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I still haven't found the Kardashian colors in my neck of the woods yet, but I'm hoping they'll show up soon! I really want this one and Kim-pletely in love =)

    ReplyDelete