Friday, September 16, 2011

Rimmel Hard Metal


I am really impressed with this polish on the first try. The color reminds me of my favorite pair of jeans, a worn denim. The tone is subdued just enough to be perfect against other fall-colored clothing I may be wearing.  

The brush is excellent and covers the nail evenly and quickly. The formula was perfect for even application. It only took 2 coats to get a great finish. The pigmentation is wonderful. I think I really like this brand and look forward to trying other colors. 

Remover used: Glycerin/acetone mix.
Prep: Rubbing alcohol.
Base coat: Seche Clear (trying something new due to peeling issues).
Color: Two coats of Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Hard Metal.
Top coat: Seche Vite.
Finish: Nail Life Aromatherapy Drying Drops.
Wear report: TBA. Updated: Had a chip on day #2 and edge wear, so it did not wear long. It could be the base coat, though. Not sure. I will be trying this one again. I definitely loved this polish, so it will be tried again with a different base coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment