Thursday, September 22, 2011

China Glaze Reggae to Riches



This time of year, the thistles pop out in vibrant deep pinkish purple hues. I wanted a color that resembled this, and I think I found it in China Glaze's Reggae to Riches. This is a medium pinkish purple shimmer with some tiny flecks of blue, making it nearly iridescent. 

Application was awesome. The formula is a bit on the thin side, but this is good, as it spreads evenly and well without brush marks. The pigmentation is also good, despite the thinness. That said, I probably could have used another coat on this, but I stopped at two. It is *mostly* opaque now with just a hint of where, when applying the second coat, I hit the first coat with the brush before it  was dry (my faulty application, most likely). 

The polish dried FAST and became rock hard quickly, so smudging was not a problem. It feels very durable, like it will hold up well. This polish makes me want to collect more China Glaze colors. I am quite certain that will happen in the near future. 

Remover used: Glycerin/water mix.
Prep: Rubbing alcohol.
Base coat used: Orly Bonder.
Color: Two coats of China Glaze Reggae to Riches.
Top coat used: Seche Vite. 
Finish: Nail Life Aromatherapy Drying Drops.
Wear report: AMAZING. Took this off after 5 days and only had minimal edge wear and 2 small chips. I am not sure if it was the base coat or what, but it wore well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment