Tuesday, September 20, 2011

L'Oreal Owl's Night


This polish is stunning. I found it at Walgreens while hitting up the Sinful Colors sale. It was on a fall L'Oreal display. There was only one bottle of this color, so I suppose I got lucky. It really stood out to me. It seems like a very dark charcoal or black base but is chock full of gold, green, and sometimes reddish-orange micro glitter. Mostly I tend to see the gold at first glance. It changes its appearance according to the light.

Application was fantastic. The formula is very good, and it only took 2 coats. Drying time was incredibly fast, and the polish already feels very strong. I bet this one will last.

I did my nails late last night, well after it was dark. I was so impressed, I did not want to wait for daylight to take a photo, so the above was captured with flash. How fitting for a color with a name such as Owl's Night. Dark, mysterious, and just fantastic. I would love to find a second bottle of this one since the bottle is so small, only 0.39 ounces. That said, it was worth ever penny I paid for it. One of my favorites for sure.

Remover used: Glycerin/acetone mix.
Prep: Rubbing alcohol.
Base: Seche Clear.
Color: Two coats of L'Oreal Owl's Night.
Top coat: Seche Vite.
Finish: Nail Life Aromatherapy drying drops.
Wear report: Took this off on day #3. Had some slight edge wear and a small chip. This could be due to the base coat, but I am not 100% sure. Wear seemed short to about average.

No comments:

Post a Comment