Thursday, September 15, 2011

L.A. Colors #567 Shock


This was a Dollar Tree (dollar store) find. I love the color for early fall because it reminds me of the tops of the goldenrod plants that are in full bloom this time of year. It is a bright orange-yellow that is sure to command attention.

This is about 4 coats of color. It was streaky and thin and rather hard to apply. It most likely would have been better with a white base coat, I am sure. For the $1 price tag, I guess I get what I get. So far, I think Sinful Colors, when they go on sale for 99 cents each, are still the best deal out there, as far as cheap polish goes. I have plenty of other bottles of L.A. Colors to try, though. 

Remover used: Glycerin/acetone mix.
Base coat: China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat. (Thinking of trying something else since I am experiencing some nail peeling and dryness.)
Color: About 4 coats of L.A. Colors #567 Shock.
Top coat: Seche Vite. 
Wear report: TBA. Updated: Had some edge wear on day #2. It may have been due to my cleaning the house plus all the coats of polish. Removed on day #2. Wear was just so-so for this trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment