Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pure Ice Jaguar


Pure Ice Jaguar is a shimmering gold polish with a few larger but still tiny specks of gold glitter. It looked absolutely stunning in the bottle, which is why I picked it up in the first place. While the color is not exactly flattering on me due to my fair/pink skin tone, it still is quite pretty to look at. I am sure it would look great on those of you with darker or more olive-toned skin. It looks quite classy overall.

Application was tricky. After using OPI nail polish for quite a while now, the smaller brush in this bottle took a little getting used to. At first, I had difficulty getting enough polish on the brush. This polish was very thin and sheer. However, it dried rather quickly, so I had to move fast to avoid smudging. On darker skin, the sheer look would have been fine with me. For me, I ended up applying a third coat to give it a bit more opacity. I still have a faint hint of a visible nail line, but it looked better after the third coat. It was a bit streaky and left brush marks, as polishes of this type can do. I found it best to apply the last coat thicker and go with light, quick strokes. I did have some bubbling, and some nail plate imperfections stood out (I have been having some issues with peeling as of late). I do believe this one would do best over a ridge-filling base coat, which I do not have at the moment.  

If you have the right skin tone and with the right base coat and application technique, this could be a great polish. 

Remover used: Glycerin/acetone mix.
Nail prep: Rubbing alcohol.
Base coat: CND Stickey.
Color: Three coats of Pure Ice Jaguar.
Top coat: Seche Vite.
Wear report: TBA. ETA: Wear on this manicure was about average. I believe I removed this polish on day #3 or day #4, and I did have some chipping. 

1 comment:

  1. I think this looks great on you! I'm one of those people that can't tell which colors look good on what skintone, haha! I love Pure Ice polishes =)

    ReplyDelete