Friday, December 23, 2011

Pure Ice Super Star



I found this color on a holiday display in the local drug store. I had to pick it up. Super Star is a cranberry-colored jelly with micro glitter. It is a rather stunning mix.

This brand is hit or miss with me, as far as formula and application goes. This one falls somewhere in the middle. It was a bit streaky, but it was thin enough to go on well. It took three coats to achieve the opacity you see in the photo. It dried rather quickly and had a rough texture naturally.

For good measure, I stamped my ring finger using Sinful Colors Snow Me White as an accent. It works well.

Remover used: Acetone/glycerin mix.
Nail prep: Rubbing alcohol.
Base coat: Seche Clear; still having peeling issues.
Color: Three coats of Pure Ice Super Star, stamp is Sinful Colors Snow Me White.
Top coat: Seche Vite.
Wear report: TBA. Update: This wore very well. I had some edge wear and slight chipping on day #3. By day #6, I had one or two good chips, but they still looked very good despite not even wearing gloves to do dishes a few times.
Removal report: Removal was easy and quick, and I had no staining whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment