Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Maybelline Autumn Leaves


I first passed this polish on a Maybelline fall display at the store, and I passed it right up. After seeing it in other polish blogs, I decided I had to have it. Unfortunately, by then it became difficult to find. Eventually, I came across a bottle after searching several stores. This is now one of my favorites, if not my very favorite in my collection. It is aptly named, as it perfectly captures the colorful soul of the autumn season. It is a dark, burned red with gold micro glitter. Perfection. I do believe Essie's Wrapped in Rubies is a duplicate color, just looking at the bottles. This excites me since Autumn Leaves is a limited edition and is rather difficult to find.

Application went perfect. This polish looked flawless with 2 coats.

Remover used: Acetone/glycerin mix.
Prep: Rubbing alcohol.
Base coat: Nail Tek II.
Top coat: Seche Vite.
Wear report: On first try, not that good. I had chips early on day #2, and by the end of the day, the polish on my little finger fell right off in a huge sheet. I am not sure if the polish failed or the base coat did. I will definitely dry this one again since the color and application were so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment